Thursday, November 10, 2011

Did I Really Do That?!

My day began with a nice walk through Tana to where I had a scheduled interview. My interview was with an artist named Samoëla who is one of the most popular Malagasy acts right now and who's hit song "Hafaliana" is EVERYWHERE. It was a great interview and we talked for over an hour about music in general and the Malagasy music industry more specifically. It was really interesting, very helpful for my project and also fun for me.

I then grabbed a quick lunch at a hotely and went to my second scheduled interview of the day, with a technician for one of the major studios in the country. Unfortunately, he was busy. Fortunately, he was busy helping a group called Tinondia record one of their new songs! So I got to hang around the studio for a few hours, watch the recording process and discuss an impromptu interview with the head of the group. They had a lot of great things to say and it was awesome experience for me all around. Because I didn't have time to interview the technician, I will be returning first thing tomorrow to speak with him.

Still just in awe of how my day was spent.

1 comment:

  1. "Unfortunately, I have to write a really long paper for school. Fortunately it is on something I love and I am in Madagascar!"

    ReplyDelete