Monday, September 12, 2011

Chickens on the Taxi-Be

Got a short story that I forgot to post from last week. I was taking the taxi-be (taxi-be literally means big taxi, and is the name of the ‘buses’ here) home with a couple of my friends. One of them, Maddie, is terrified of birds, absolutely terrified. This guy gets on the bus with a live chicken in his hands and I tell Maddie that I hope he sits next to her (I didn’t really hope that though!) and she laughs because she doesn’t see the chicken and thinks I am talking about him cause he is kinda old and sleazy looking. A few minutes later she hears the chicken cluck and turns to me kinda freaking out. After Ivana and I kind of calm her down, we are talking and she then realizes that the man sitting next to me is also holding a live chicken! I hadn’t even noticed but I had been sitting next to a live chicken for about 10 minutes or so. I was shocked but found it pretty funny meanwhile Maddie is in a row with a chicken a few feet in front of her and one a few feet behind – blocking both exits.

There is a happy ending though because both men get off at the same stop a few before ours. And Maddie is free to exit the taxi-be without encountering any birds. It has since been explained that they were probably on their way to a cockfight and those were roosters, but we don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment